- She advises on a broad range of family matters including:-
- Divorce and Separation Agreements
- Financial issues arising from divorce and separation of cohabiting couples;
- Financial claims by parents for children;
- Parenting issues involving child contact and residence; and
- Child abduction and relocation of a child both within and outside the jurisdiction.
- Care proceedings
- Emergency remedies and domestic abuse
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements;
- Cohabitation agreements
- Family dispute resolution including mediation and collaborative practice.
Christine is a member of Resolution First for Family Law, a national family law organisation with 6,500 lawyer and non-lawyer members who believe in a constructive non-confrontational approach to family law matters.
Christine is committed to listening to clients and to helping them find the best process to suit their particular needs and to achieve the best possible outcome for them and their family. This can involve negotiation between solicitors, family court litigation, mediation, collaborative practice or arbitration.
Believing that separation should be a respectful process and that families do better if matters can be settled quickly and amicably, Christine trained as a mediator with Resolution in 1996. She achieved membership of the Law Society Family Mediation Panel in 2002 and is also an accredited mediator of the Family Mediation Council. She has undertaken additional training in relation to child inclusive mediation with Lisa Parkinson and Bill Hewlett.
In 2006 Christine was amongst the first lawyers to train in collaborative law practice in Wales and is a part of a group of welsh collaborative lawyers www.collaborativelawwales.co.uk.
Christine is an accredited Resolution specialist and has additional specialism in domestic abuse and children cases. She is a member of the Family Law panel and was previously a school; governor of Preseli School; with responsibility for pastoral care.
Christine was born and lives in Pembrokeshire with her husband. She practices mindfulness and enjoys reading, swimming, skiing, walking the Pembrokeshire coast path, cooking and eating good food but most of all spending time with her family.
Christine is based in Cardigan - firstname.lastname@example.org